Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Small World

Yesterday my belief about the extent of globalization was reconfirmed. A year ago I met this guy who was a guest lecturer at my undergraduate institution in ohio. I met him in Obeid, Sudan. Since then we've emailed and been in touch. Last night I met this guy who wrote a paper about Darfur that I cited for my final paper in my politics seminar entitled "Ethnic and Religious Conflict in the Middle East and North Africa" in undergraduate.
Last night I went out to this place called Ozone. Its a place that has baked goods, pastries, ice cream and drinks. The seating is outside in this garden. Its only open at night, and the garden is kept cool and moist because every 15 seconds cool air/gaseous water is sprayed out. I plan on going out or hanging out with friends at least three or four times a week.
The dude we met last night is doing research on the role of religious organizations in the peace process between the north and south. It was an interesting discussion, there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes.
Ok I'm going to go look at some slides.

No comments: