Thursday, August 17, 2006

Friendly Advesaries or not so Friendly

I've come to realize that in trying to do anything that involves more than two people you are bound to step on someone's toes, to create advesaries. The hope is that the goals are accomplished, memories are made and life long friendships established. In my short time here I have managed to step on so many toes. I feel like one of the most hated people in the country. At the same time I've met and worked with so many great, interesting people and despite all the obstacles and challenges I would not trade a moment.
I have less than a week left. I'm getting nostalgic and trying to do as many things as possible before leaving. I've gotten closer to my family here, gotten to know people indidivually. I get a little emotional thinking about leaving them.
I'm stressed out thinking about the security situation in the airports of England and the U.S. I pray for safety, and I'm hoping there won't be any delays.
Everyone here is making fun of me, painting scenarios of me being stuck, marooned either in Sudan or somewhere in Europe. The scenarios are not attractive in the least.
I'm making the rounds, visiting people and being invited. At the same time I have work related issues. Its a little stressful doing the juggling. Right now the U.S. represents stress-free zone, where I can breathe a little, not have to think of how to act or what to say, and what the ulterior motive might be.

No comments: