Friday, May 12, 2006

Getting ready

So I met someone today to help me refine and tune my model. The model basically is supposed to help me estimate worm load based on some key socioeconomic factors. I also went to get some shots, and some malaria chemoprophylaxis. I haven't started packing yet, no doubt I'll have to take some long skirts, and some scarves for the fake modesty of the capital. But once I get to Rahad it'll be raining, and wet so I'll wear gum boots and pants.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the country has changed since last summer. Well how the capital has changed, the rest of the country, the periphery changes very slowly, progress is very slow there.
I heard they finished building the China Town in Khartoum. I'm curious to see it, I wonder if there will actually be a blossoming of Chinese immigrants to Sudan.
I wonder if any progress will be made on sending UN peacekeepers to Darfur this summer. It'll be interesting just to see peoples reactions.

No comments: